*THE CARDIO CARE *
*Cardio*- refers to the Heart.
*Cardiovascular* – refers to Heart, blood vessels & blood..
*The cardiovascular system*
a. *Transports nutrients, oxygen & hormones throughout the body*
b. *Removes metabolic waste ( carbon dioxide, nitrogenous waste, etc) from the body*
*COMMON CARDIOVASCULAR DISORDERS*
1. *Hypertension*- high blood pressure condition & heart works under increased pressure.
2 *Coronary Heart Disease*- damage to arteries
3. *Atherosclerosis*- build up of fatty substances in the artery walls (cholestrol deposition)
4 *Angina*-sharp pains in the chest
5. *Heart attack*- blockage of blood flow to the heart muscles.
6. *Thrombosis*- formation of clot in blood vessels.
7. *Stroke*- blood clot blocking an artery to the Brain.
*Causes of Disorders* Include:
~ Thick blood
~ Build up of fat in arteries
~ diabetic conditions
~ high cholesterol
~ smoking, alcohol,
~ Excess salt
*Signs & Symptoms*
~ abnormal heart beat
~ Pain in arms, jaws, neck, shoulder
~ Chest pains & discomfort
~ unusual breathlessness
~ heart attack
NOTE: Pamusika.net is a platform that connects buyers and sellers. Pamusika.net does not take responsibilty for any sale entered into between buyer and seller. Please stay safe and vigilant at all times.